INTERESTED IN JOINING THE NORTHEAST MINNESOTA DFL SENIOR CAUCUS?
*Meet other DFL seniors in Northeast Minnesota, over a beverage and/or light dinner [Dutch Treat]
*Work on issues important to seniors
*Hear speakers on different topics crucial to seniors
*Collaborate with other like-minded groups
* Help get DFL and DFL endorsed candidates elected
* Lobby elected officials on topics important to Seniors
CLYDE IRON WORKS
2920 W MICHIGAN ST. DULUTH
Second Tuesday of each month – 4:30-6:30 pm
Topics: Discuss issues that are relevant to seniors and start the process of creating a plan of action for priority issues.
For more information email us at NEMNDFLsrs@yahoo.com.
Topics that the NE MN DFL SR Caucus will continue to explore, investigate, and address.
- Pension security
- Protection of Social Security benefits
- Resistance to Medicaid reductions
- High prices of prescription drugs
- Gun violence prevention
- Climate Change
- Sulfide/Sulfur mining
- Senior Housing (standards; sufficient housing; meeting the needs of seniors)
- Ageism in the workplace
- Dementia (current efforts in Duluth area; housing)
- Single-payer health insurance
- Legal & medical services/assistance for seniors (sufficient?; improvements?; accessibility?; adequate?)
- Elder abuse